and inspired by a fellow blogger, I decided to create a list of
2. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers - and everyone in my family lives in a different State or Country.
3. Not a huge fan of closed spaces, or anything constricting or limiting. Really don't like elevators.
4. Have always felt, and been, a very independent soul.
5. I have 3 fabulous kids and enjoy how they make me crazy (just don't tell them I said that!)
6. I speak Portuguese (obviously English) and can have a conversation in Hebrew, Spanish, and once I have had a glass of wine, a little French.
7. I saw every Nightmare on Elm Street as a kid and loved them all, but can't watch scary movies anymore.
8. I have to fall asleep watching Law & Order, The Closer, or Criminal Minds (with a little Mad Men in the middle). Of course, I am always crying when a kid has been kidnapped..why do I torture myself this way?
9. I love Pink..and Blue..and very sunny Yellow .. and I really don't want to be committed to any one color.
10. Love wallpaper - everywhere!
11. My favorite flowers are gardenias - because they smell so pretty .. and honeysuckle..and roses.. (ok I think you get the idea).
12. My grandparents died when I was very young, but the few years I had with them made a huge impact on who I am today.
13. My parents worked (and work) with gem stones. Not the pretty polished ones, but actual rough stones in mines... Emeralds were these funny green rocks we had on our kitchen table when I was a little kid.
14. One day I will run the New York Marathon (so I guess I need to start training).
15. I started playing the piano when I was 5. At my first recital, I sang "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson, white sparkly glove and all.
16. I loved my year at Lee Strasberg, in LA .. it was my own real life version of living on the television show "Fame", and it prepared me for everything I have ever done in my life since.
17. Am I the only person that LOVED boarding school?
18. Graduated high school in Jerusalem from a high school where every religion possible, was present.
19. I love the beach, the ocean, the sea and every type of boat.. but burn like a lobster in the sun.
20. I am a Chinese "Fire Dragon" - which I am told means
21. I love driving, and road trips and simply getting lost. That's the best way to discover new places.
22. I have never had a job I haven't been able to love.. even when I was a waitress while still at school. The owners, on the other hand, might not have loved me breaking their plates all the time.
23. My top 3 goals for 2012:
- to create inspirational, in-depth posts covering events, companies and professionals that inspire me on the blog;
- have more speaking engagements about the profession of design, networking and creating a visual brand, among other things...
- to be able to design a room in a New York show house.
|via Lynn Byrne of Decor Arts Now|
25. My dream job: exactly what I am doing right now.
I've enjoyed meeting new friends, and making wonderful new connections through everything that this Blog has brought to me over the past year.
and hope to continue to help make a difference in your lives, as you have in mine.